- Contributions to a candidate may only be made by individuals who are normally resident in Ontario.
- Contributions must be made from the contributor’s own funds.
- An individual may contribute a maximum of $1200 to a candidate. The maximum total amount that a contributor can give to candidates in the same jurisdiction (i.e. running for the same council or the same school board) is $5000.
- Corporations and trade unions are not permitted to make contributions.
- Groups such as clubs, associations or ratepayer’s groups not permitted to make contributions as a group, though members of these groups may make individual contributions from their personal funds as long as they are residents of Ontario.
Mississauga residents may be eligible for a 25% rebate on their contributions through the Campaign Rebate Contribution Program.